Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sewing Aprons and stuff

I thought I would share with you some of the projects i've been working on. I have a granny square crochet blanket that i've been working on for awhile, the only reason that it's not done is because I started other projects. My resolution for the year is to finish that blanket and I am almost done, YEA!!! I love making my own blankets, rugs, aprons, clothes etc... If you can make something instead of buying I think that adds such a quality to it, that you just cant get with mass produced household items. I am also working on a scarf to give as a gift, I just started knitting so this is just a basic knit stitch which is all I have attempted. Here's a picture of it



I started an apron on tuesday night and finished it on wednesday morning, it is McCall's pattern 2947 out of this pattern you can make 8 different aprons. I always try and go to joanns which is the fabric store here and get the patterns when they are on sale for .99 . I changed the pattern a little bit. It needed to be longer and I didn't want the neck to be a tie, so I just made it to slip over the neck.Also I changed the pocket to a rectangle.  Here is a picture of it in progress and finished.
 

                                                               Without any straps

                                                                          Finished!!!

I will soon be starting some pajama pants for my mom and I.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm following in return. Looks like you've got a great blog going here. Look forward to getting to know you better.

    I used to know how to doing a basic crotchet stitch, but completely can't remember now. Someday I hope someone can teach me again. I sure enjoyed making scarves. You're doing a great job. I love the apron. I have an apron fetish. Love a beautiful apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Someone is crafty! I don't sew, but I admire those who can!

    Blessings,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete